1. HOW CAN WE BOOK YOU? From our website here, click on CONTACT button and follow through with the form, then submit; or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our booking assistant will reply you promply regarding availability for your date and walk you through the booking process.
2. WILL YOU COME TO MY LOCATION? Yes! AMA will come to you with all needed equipments and materials to get you and your bridal party all dolled up and ready for the event. We’ll take appointments in-studio for most of all other non-wedding related events. Travel fee may applied on wedding day if your location is more than 20 miles from AMA’s studio (San Jose, CA 95131). Inquire for rate.
3. WHERE DO WE MEET FOR TRIAL/PREVIEW SESSION? All trial sessions will be held at AMA studio, located in North Valley, San Jose, CA. We offer trial sessions from Tues-Thurs only from 1-4pm, and trial must be scheduled in advance. Trial should be best scheduled 2-4 months before the wedding day.
4. I TRUST YOUR WORK, CAN I SKIP THE TRIAL? It is truly is a compliment for us, but for your best interest, AMA would strongly suggest not to skip the trial. If you agree with us that every face is unique, not to mention your personal taste and many other important logistics for the wedding day, skipping the trial means your makeup and hair design may have to be compromised. For example, what if on the wedding day, we’ll surprisingly learn that one of your eyes won’t coopporate with liquid/gel liner or false lashes, and keep watering uncontrollably, or if your hair simply won’t part a certain way because you haven’t trained the bang to go towards the way that would frame your face best? If we had gone through a trial together, we would have had these kinds of unexpected situations all squared out. So, why not get the best of our artistic ability?
5. DO YOU STAY FOR TOUCH-UP? For the simple Bridal Wedding Day package of $1200, touch-up service is not included. Our brides will have us on-site for 3-3.5hrs, from the start to the completion of makeup & hair design within this time frame. For the Premium 8hrs Wedding Day package, we offer not only makeup touchup throughout your First Look/Photoshoot, but also adding a 2nd hairstyle for your reception. Please inquire for more info.
6. SHOULD I HAVE MY TRIAL DONE ON DAY OF ENGAGEMENT SESSION? You definitely can, but we don’t recommend it. The focus of the trial should be about trying out the wedding day makeup and hair look for you, with your beautiful dress and many other details in mind, including bouquet, color theme, venue, time of day, indoor/outdoor etc. On the other hand, the look for the Engagement session is usually much more casual, fresh; or can be a lot more bold and fun too, depending on your theme. So, it’s best to do it seperately. If budget is a factor, you can do the makeup trial but with a more fun/casual hairstyle to match the Engagement theme/outfit for $350 and come back for a Wedding hairstyle later for $200, instead of another full trial $400.
7. HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR THE TRIAL or WEDDING DAY? We will send you a “Prepare for Trial” email prior to your appointment. But few things to considered before the trial AND before wedding day:
(1) take good care of your skin, if you have problematic skin, do seek a dermatologist or a reputable clinic to help you figure out a good regiment. If you have relatively dry or normal skin, feel free to indulge in wonderful facial masks. A few good brands in our opinion include: SKII Facial Treatment Mask, Origins Retexturing Mask, Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Mask, and Dr Jart+ Water-Fuse Sleeping Mask.
(2) have your brows cleaned up if possible (waxed or threaded)
(3) pay your favorite hairstylist a visit (especially 2-3 weeks before the wedding day) for a cut/trim or get a shine treatment to get your hair looking its most healthy. If you’re unsure how long you should keep your hair length at, ask us before the trial.
(4) on trial day, please try to wear a neutral colored top with neckline similar to your wedding dress if possible, meaning open neckline or tube top, yes! This way we can envision the whole look better. Avoid bright colored tops or high neckline tops.
8. HOW LONG WILL THE TRIAL TAKE? The whole makeup and hair process should take about 3-3.5hrs including some time for exchanging ideas and photographing the process. It will be fun!